Pembleton enthusiasts forum - website: www.thepembleton.org.uk

We're an informal group sharing a common interest in this Citroen 2CV based car. People organise various activities with the main objective of having fun! Do look at our website for more information.
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: VSport owners
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:59 pm 

Images like this....? At the time, we had heard that Guy was building "turnkey" cars using the 750 small-block MG engines, with David S providing the French "carte grise" registration, but here we were at Montlhery, with one such car - parked in the Morgan compound!

Attachments:
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 007.jpg
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 007.jpg [ 2.63 MiB | Viewed 352 times ]
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 009.jpg
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 009.jpg [ 2.65 MiB | Viewed 352 times ]
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 008.jpg
Copy of France (Alsace & Auvergne) 2015 008.jpg [ 2.57 MiB | Viewed 352 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 pm 

Messrs. Mouton,Parr, aloof, Rae, Ferguson, grovelling? Also, a friend from PND ,Yan in the pork-pie hat.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:27 am 

MikeM wrote:
Images like this....? At the time, we had heard that Guy was building "turnkey" cars using the 750 small-block MG engines, with David S providing the French "carte grise" registration, but here we were at Montlhery, with one such car - parked in the Morgan compound!

sorry! misunderstanding ,You are right that's my Pemby ........in 2015, do you have more pics?
Good to read that David S is able to provide turnkey cars with a French registration (despite the strict French regulation regarding pollution criteria and safety devices !!!)

Grasshopper #359 1st V Sport prototype
powered by 750 Guzzi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:17 pm 

Jeanlouis,
The formula for being able to register a Pembleton (or similar) car in France is complex and involves the car having been built, MSVA tested and registered in the UK (presently an EU country), then imported in to France. It is one of those things that might disappear as a result of Brexit, when the UK is no longer an EU Member State.

I only have the 3 images of the car at Montlhery - at the time, after the Autodrome weekend we went on to a fortnight Alsace, taking in the Schlumpf Collection, where I took considerably more! Vincent (Mouton) may have more images from the event.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:50 am 

Hi Leigh
Jules and I have car no. 003 and as someone has already said, never has a vehicle given me more pleasure with the possible exception of a BMW r90s which i had in my youth but that's hardly a fair comparison. The 750 engine is plenty pokey enough once you've run it in and you'll have real problems keeping within speed limits as it just eggs you to go faster. My wife and i have a policy that the passenger watches the speedo and flaps a hand up and down as necesairy !
As for polishing, we took it to a vintage vehicle meet back in the summer and i decided to shine it up before we went. I used Solvol which once you've put on you have no option but to polish off again. By the time i had done the whole of one side i was totally exhausted and it was time to go. We arrived at the meet with one side dull and one side like a mirror !
We're going to Puy Notre-Dame next year all being well if i can finish polishing it by then.
Best wishes
Joe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:13 am 

I probably wont polish mine up again until I come to sell it, when I've built the next one.

Its a pain in the ass.

As duncan so eloquently put it when I visited him:

"If you start aspiring to the mirror polished finish, you'll end up going round in circles and you'll eventually disappear up your own arse" :lol:

It does look cool, but not for very long before you need to do it again....

Guzzi 750 Supersport 316 - on the road
Guzzi 750 LWB supersport 413 - in build

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:59 am 

I don't find that. The problem is getting rid of the "millmarks" on the panelling - that DOES take a lot of effort - but having got that far, "Bolide" gets actually polished twice a year. I use Autoglym cream metal polish (which also removes blueing from the exhaust headers). In between times, the car gets washed with a "soft" shampoo (no salt or wax ingredient - washing up liquid contains salt!), cold rinsed then chamois-leathered dry.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 pm 

Duncan,
I'm in the photo too, but very much in the background...I was fixing my alternator to get back home.
Bill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:17 pm 

So am I, reaching into the limper...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:00 pm 

MikeM wrote:
Jeanlouis,
The formula for being able to register a Pembleton (or similar) car in France is complex and involves the car having been built, MSVA tested and registered in the UK (presently an EU country), then imported in to France. It is one of those things that might disappear as a result of Brexit, when the UK is no longer an EU Member State.

I only have the 3 images of the car at Montlhery - at the time, after the Autodrome weekend we went on to a fortnight Alsace, taking in the Schlumpf Collection, where I took considerably more! Vincent (Mouton) may have more images from the event.

thanks for you answer regarding pics, and as complex is the register process in France i'm happy i could by a "legal" Pembleton right now

Yesterday i met a MTW in a car exhibition near Lyon, he told me how hangry he was due to the updating of his TW ,and the cost involved since to day…..compared to the Pembleton !!!!!!!!!!! (A question of brand in relation to the price and the pleasure of driving, from my point of view)

Grasshopper #359 1st V Sport prototype