Pembleton enthusiasts forum - website: www.thepembleton.org.uk

We're an informal group sharing a common interest in this Citroen 2CV based car. People organise various activities with the main objective of having fun! Do look at our website for more information.
It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:42 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:52 pm 

Despite all the hoo ha at the latter half of last year regarding proposed changes to the IVA test and emissions, it seems that the DVA have climbed down off their high horse and actually listened to people opposing their ridiculous proposition.

Please find below a link to the draft of the updated manual. It looks like there are few minor changes, and some wording/phrasing clarifications.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ategory-m1

2cv powered Supersport 316

Soon to go on a power trip....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:38 am 

Regards the msva it's " a completely different ball game" as my tester yesterday put it and is in the process of being rewritten at this very moment. and my tester actually rang him to get clarification on something while my test was being conducted.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:11 am 

I don't like the sound of that! Ill have to get a shimmy on and get mine through ASAP before the big overhaul comes in!

Congratulations on the pass though!

2cv powered Supersport 316

Soon to go on a power trip....

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:45 pm 

I had posted my application for new registration V5 on the 11 April so I thought yesterday 1st May 4pm I would ring Swansea (even though it says wait 4weeks before contacting after application ) to see how it's progressing and guess what they've got no record of my application so they asked for my registered post number and they would look into it ... so all day I'm thinking duplicate forms non original forms etc and hassle . Then guess what arrive home today 2nd of May to find a new V5 on the doormat :D Marvellous
So I anyone wants an up to date copy of my filled in forms for msva and for a V5 email me and I will send you copies of mine

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:25 pm 

We've come across this before, since DVLA went"private". It's extremely difficult to actually speak with a person with any knowledge/understanding of process. It was decided that with the volume of applications, they couldn't begin to hope that Recorded/Registered (now Special Delivery) could be signed for - so they don't.

For ANYTHING involving DVLA, ALWAYS keep complete photocopies. DVLA retains your Minister's Certificate (as a security measure, as if there was potential for clones), so you should ensure you have a good photocopy before you send the original off.

At the end of the day, we are fortunate to have a regulatory system that allows us to build "specials" - virtually impossible on the Continent - whether that will change after the final Brexit, who knows?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:40 pm 

From applying for the V5 (Feb this year) to getting it took 3 weeks for me too.
I was also very impressed with the on-line system for applying for the MSVA test. You get an immediate email acknowledgement and a day or 2 later a pleasant chap rings to arrange the date and time which is then confirmed by email.
David
Mike.
I sent my application "signed for on delivery" and they did sign it on receipt.